Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, November 7, 2011

Yo' Momma

At about 3:30 this afternoon, I finally got around to checking the voicemail on my cell phone.  I don't check my phone all that often because it's pretty rare that I have any messages at all.  Today, there happened to be one.  Here's what I heard:

“Hey Mom, this is [#4].
I’m just calling to say when you left me from taking my pill, 
a person met me in the hall with a friend.   
One person said, ‘Hi, I just saw your mom.’
The other person said, ‘She looks fat.’
She said it was just a joke, but I didn’t take it very lightly.
Just want to say that it really hurt my feelings.  I love you.
I know you’re not, but it just made me feel terrible.
See you after school.  Bye.”

Oh my boy and his tender heart.  This was about the sweetest thing EVER.  I wish you could have heard this message.  He was very emotional.  I'm kind of glad he got the voicemail and not me directly.  I'm afraid my guffaws would have offended.

I don’t know that I’ll ever understand how boys feel about their mothers, but I received a further phone call from one of his teachers telling me that she thought he was physically ill and was about to send him to the health office because he was pale and crying.  I guess  that was the point when he called me.

Wow!  The teacher has spoken with the young lady that said it, and said she’s writing me a note of apology.  I didn't even hear her say it, and it may just be true.  I mean Halloween did just get over, and I do have a nice sized stash in the back of the freezer, and I do take a medicinal dose of chocolate each day.

Sad that all I did when I heard the message was laugh hysterically.  I've never been the source of a yo' momma joke.  I guess I'd better not wear two sweatshirts at the same time again.  I’m working hard at composing myself before #4 gets home.


This post was written at 3:45 this afternoon.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

What a sweet boy! He loves his momma so much :)
I personally think that you look marvelous, and if anyone deserves a daily medicinal dose of chocolate, it's you!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...