Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cookies wiff Kaffin: My FAVORITE Cookies

My kids informed me, and as I listen closer I can hear, that it's not "cookies wiff Kaffrin" but "tooties wiff Taffrin."

Today we're making my VERY favorite cookies in the world.  I don't make these very often--mostly because they have to sit in the fridge for four hours before you can bake them.

We're going to go ahead and make them anyway today.  I'm going to send dough home with Kaffrin with instructions on how to bake them.  This one isn't in the cookbook probably just because I don't make them very often.

We've donned our holiday aprons and the David Archuleta holiday station is playing on Pandora.  Hands are washed (with the ABC method).  We're ready to go.  Here's the recipe for you.....



Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:
1 C. cocoa (the unsweetened powder kind)
1/2 C. oil
2 C. sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. powdered sugar

Instructions:
Mix the first three ingredients together; add the eggs one at a time; throw in the vanilla.

Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together and throw them in and mix them into the first mixture.

Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge for four hours.

After the four hours is up, preheat the oven to 350^.  Grease the cookie sheets.  Roll the dough into 1" balls and roll them in the powdered sugar.

Bake for 10 minutes.


I hate to add this little detail, but it MUST be said.  These are AWESOME with a vanilla milkshake.







2 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Oh my goodness! Kathryn is SO LUCKY to have you and #7 on Tuesdays! No wonder she asks almost EVERY DAY to go to your house!

Julie said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Tuesdays! Best day of the week. It's nice to take a break from the grind of school work and put things back into focus a bit. Gives me some hope of what things'll be like in a few short months when school is over. Can't wait to have time to do things that I want to do and not always what I have to do. Thanks for sending your wonderful little daughter our way each week. Love her to pieces!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...