Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 13- A Letter to Someone Who has Hurt Me Recently

I really, honestly can't think of anyone who's hurt me recently.  If they did, I must have let it go.  During this past year, I've gotten much better at giving people the benefit of the doubt and thinking that most people aren't "out to get" me.  I try to believe that there must be something about hurtful situations that I don't understand--maybe some background information that I wasn't around to hear, see, feel or experience.

So, sorry, no letter this time around.  I'm hoping that if I do this again next year, I won't have one either.  I think, actually, if I do this again next year, I'm going to tweak a few of the days.  Darn!  I wish I would have done that this year.  Maybe I will anyway. 

Let's see, Day 11 is going to be my favorite recipe and Day 13 is going to be my favorite photo.  Day 20 is going to be why I chose the guy I did and what I still like about him.  Day 26 is going to be if I could have a day to do anything I wanted, what I would do.

This actually gets me excited about writing the next number of days.  I was kind of dreading them as they were, and a lot of them aren't going to be any different than what I wrote last year. 

Maybe, with that in mind, in the future I'll make my own meme in which you compare how things were the previous year with how they are now.  Hmm.  Something to think about.  Maybe it'll be a new year challenge starting January 1, 2012.  Definitely something to think about.  If you have any great topic ideas, let me know.

1 comment:

vaxhacker said...

Sounds like a fun meme. I hope you never have someone in mind to write this
letter about. Or at least not those weird people down the street from you :)

In December, I alway like doing the "year in review" topic (post the first
paragraph [ish] from the first post of each month). Since I've been doing NaBloPoMo this year, I've been particularly interested in finding interesting topics
myself. Might even get me to finish this dang meme which I started the same time you did last year. Heh.

I know what you mean about making assumptions about these situations. I tend to internalize the conflict and assume the worst about what people think or feel about me. And that's probably completely unjustified if I really knew the facts.

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...