Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 12- How I Found Out About Blogger, and Why I Have a Blog

That's right, I'm skipping day 11.  What are you going to do about it?  My blog, my choice.  Right?  I might come back to it, and I might not.  I'm pretty sure you're not going to lose sleep over it.  Let's just chalk it up to the rebel in me and move on, shall we?

Day 12 isn't an easy question, though.  I honestly don't know how I found out about Blogger.  Here's what I said last year, and yah, it's probably pretty accurate.  It wasn't some big "A-HA" kind of thing or anything.  It was just one of those "hmm maybe I should try that" kind of things.

The second part of this question I ponder about from time to time.  Actually, not even remembering that this question was part of this challenge, I was thinking about it on my way home from the library last night.  Ooh.  Weird.

Here's what I decided....
Mom; my niece, Brittany; and me
I was never one of those kids who called my mom everyday after I left home.  We remained close, and I would call her once a week or so (those were different days than these we enjoy now with unlimited calling and texting).  One thing, though, was that I shared EVERYTHING with her.  We were tight.

When she passed away, I felt a HUGE loss.  My biggest confidante and cheerleader was gone.  I had no idea, while she was here, how much I leaned on her to boost me up and sometimes push  me in the right direction.  Most of all, I took for granted all the times I'd save up the facts of my life to share with her for the next phone call or visit.

So, many years after she was gone, and many years of stories and experiences later, I found the blogging world.  It fills an empty spot in my life.

People ask me what my blog is about, and I really can't tell them.  It's just randomness, that's all.  I don't write the fabulous or the earth-shattering.  I write what I'd tell my mom if she was here--just the stuff on my mind.

The other night one of the kids asked about something that happened a few months ago.  It was so great to say, "Hey, do you want to hear about that?" and I quickly pulled up the blog post that holds the details of that event.  Needless to say, blogging has been a huge blessing in my life.

I'm happy to leave a record for my kids, so that when the day comes when I'm not here any more they don't have to wonder about what I experienced and thought about.  Maybe someday, I'll even have an answer or two for them.

That, my friends, is why I blog.



No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...