Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So, did you see my guest blogger post?

We were supposed to have scones for Family Home Evening refreshments last night, but time got away, and I didn't have time to make them, so they became part of breakfast this morning.

As I was making them, #4 chimed in with, "Mom, there's a recipe you can put on your blog!"

I said, "But, they're so easy.  Why don't you tell people how to make them.  You can be my guest blogger." 

So, there you have it.  I just thought it was super fun to watch him sit and write a post.  I may have to do this more in the future.

Just a recent picture of our crew.
I encouraged #1 to start a blog today.  She's had a blog in the past and does a tumblr thing too, but this one is a blog specifically written for #7.  I asked her to give a little piece of advice to her each day so that when she's a teenager, she'll have that link with her oldest sister.

I wasn't home when she started it, but I returned to find that #1 had gone at it enthusiastically.  It's entitled "Stay Beautiful," which makes me want to cry, but to take that one step further, the address is with-love-from-q.blogspot.com.  Wow!  How sweet!

In my home, growing up, I was the little sister who didn't know the older sister (who had left for college four months after I was born) and grew up amongst the hooligan brothers.  I think, at times, as I sat and cried at the end of my dresser and begged God for a sister, I would have given my right arm for something like this.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...