Would you like to translate this into another language?

Friday, May 17, 2013

My Eyes Have Been Opened

I haven't revamped too much around here. Not as much as I would like to, but those changes will come in the future. For now, I've added two tabs at the top (more are to come)--"What's for Dinner" and "This Week's Date"--check them out when you get a moment.

This past week has been very interesting...eye opening, even.

There is a Facebook group that I'm part of where I go to connect with other moms who have lots of kids. There is such a meeting of the minds there.

image: thelightsomelife.com
Well, a few days ago, I went there to vent about something that's been happening here and how I feel about it. In response, two women both commented about "Dressing Your Truth." They claimed that after they'd become aware of their "types," they came to understand and appreciate their children better.

Hmm...intriguing. I went to look it up. When I googled it, all I ended up with was a site that talked about what clothes are best for you....Nah, that couldn't be it. What does what you wear have to do with how you interact with your children. This just couldn't be it.

image: dressingyourtruth.com
I returned to the group to ask for clarification and was directed back to that clothing site. Really?...Okay. Maybe this was worth investigation.

Here's the deal...Actually, maybe I should let you look it over for yourself. It ended up being quite fascinating.

image: ctliveyourtruth.com
I just received the accompanying book in the mail today. I haven't read anything more than the introduction yet, but I can't wait to dive in.

By the way....Just in case you cared, I'm a type 1. Very obviously. All I had to do was see the word "disconnected," and I knew exactly where I fit.

image: 40plusstyle.com
Take a look. I'd love to know what you think. What type are you?



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Julie, my family has been interested in all of this for quite a while. I'm a 2 and my husband is 3 or 1, probably a 1 who grew up in a family of 3's! Anyway, we think it's been helpful! My dad helped with writing the books and a lot of it really makes sense to me. However, I don't really enjoy the over the top marketing that seems to be prevalent in a lot of her stuff. But I do think knowing different types and how they tend to operate can be very insightful in a family!

Lisa said...

Interesting that you are posting this...as I just came across this last week. I have been looking over the parts of the tutorials and finding it's an interesting concept that knowing how to present your best self affects your relationships and life in general. I'll be interested to see where it takes you!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...