Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Looking Forward

2012!  For twelve years, I've been dreading 2012, and here it is staring me in the face just a few days away--the year our oldest child will leave the roost.  In many ways, though, I'm excited.  She's a good kid.  She'll do good things for this world.

As I'm looking ahead at 2012, here are the other things that lie ahead for the Madhouse:

Tomorrow, #4 will turn 12, so in January, he will become an Aaronic Priesthood holder and pass the sacrament at church on Sundays.
In February, there will be the American Mothers Gala and the Mother of the Year will be named.
In March, the Warden and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary.
Also in March, I'm hoping for a trip to Disneyland--think I'll be able to talk the Warden into that one?
In April, I will graduate from college and #3 will receive her Young Womanhood Recognition Award.
In August (I think), as already mentioned, #1 will head to college.
#3 will go to high school in September and will shortly thereafter probably get her drivers permit.
Also in September, #6 will go to Kindergarten and #7 will go to preschool.

Mixed in amongst these major things will be a bunch of more minor occurrences....
Potty training, driver's licenses and lessons, an Eagle project, other scout activities, soccer, basketball, track, cross country, music lessons, church activities and responsibilities, goals to set and meet, and blog posts....lots and lots of blog posts--just to get me through it all sanely.

What lies ahead for you in 2012?

1 comment:

Kati said...

I know exactly how you feel Julie. Levi will be leaving in 5 weeks and I am not ready to say goodbye.

Mark and I celebrated our 20th anniversary last year, in Disneyland! Talk hard to the Warden to get him to take you, we had a blast, just the two of us in Dinseyland!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...