Would you like to translate this into another language?

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 22- What Makes Me Different from Everyone Else

Same answer as last year....Plus maybe one thing.

When the whole Japan thing started, my daughter said, "Mom, you're probably the only person in the world that could pull this off like this."  She enumerated some of the things that made it possible--supportive friends willing to make sacrifices for me, knowing the language (to some degree), having the drive to earn the money, typing skills to do the cookbook quickly and the communications required, having the recipes available to create into a book, having a supportive family to fill in all the blank spots and push as needed....

I got to thinking about it later, and you know what, she might have been a little bit right.

I do know, however, that I didn't do it alone.  Had I, I would have failed miserably, so maybe the ability to listen and obey, which I'm not always great at, was definitely a plus at that point in my life.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...