Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Bedtime in a Basket

This past summer, when we took the trip to Spokane, I found that my sister-in-law took a bath every night.  I am totally a bath person--love them!  But every night for me is just tough.  I have thought since how I would love to follow her example. 

I think I've finally figured out how to make it part of my bedtime routine.  The past two nights I have done it, but one thing that's made it easier and something I anticipate is that I keep a basket with the things I need in it for my bedtime routine on a shelf in my closet.  When I get out of the bath the night before, I put a towel and a pair of pajamas in for the next night.  It sits and waits for me all that next day.  Also in the basket are candles and matches; the items I need in order to wash my face, brush my teeth, etc.; pajamas and underwear; my schedule for the next day and my scriptures.

I like to be in bed by 9:30pm.  Rarely happens, but everyday that's what I tell myself--that bedtime will be 9:30.  As I see the basket sitting there, it invites me to use it and of course I want to--the sooner the better.

So, around 9pm, I go in and fill the tub.  I go back in the bedroom and grab my basket.

For some reason, those candles make the bath a real treat.  I climb in and sog for close to a half hour and spend time checking the next day's schedule and reading the scriptures to candlelight.

It's pretty darned magical and relaxing.  A nice treat at the end of the day.

3 comments:

Alyson said...

I'm so glad you've found a way to do something you love every night! I hope you'll be able to work it into your schedule permanently.

Julia Shinkle said...

The the only thing missing is some spa music...I am a fan of the bath too!

Martie said...

Ohhh, that sounds wonderful. I cannot have baths in this house because the only tub we have does not get warm enough for my taste. It has been 6 1/2 years since I could take baths. BOO! Take one for me too!!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...