Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bean Dip


I LOVE the refried beans from the dry pack.  I heard a rumor that my good friend, who is an amazing cook, only uses these when wanting to use refried beans.  Now I know why.

They're pretty weird looking to begin with.
Today, I was wanting some.  I mean they're that good--that I'd want to "just eat some." I thought I'd just throw some water in a bowl, heat it in the microwave and throw some beans in.  Well, I threw in too much water, but in making this mistake, I made the most wonderful bean dip.  Here's what I did....

UNMISTAKEABLE BEAN DIP
Dry pack refried beans (about 1/2 C.)
1 Tbsp. dry pack onions
Hot water (start with about a cup, but you may end up with about 1 1/2 C.)
Just mix these together, but make sure it's pretty watery and that the beans and onions are re-hydrated.

Heat for about two minutes in the microwave.  You want it hot enough to melt cheese.

Add 1/2 C. grated cheese and stir in until melted
Add 1/2 C. +/- salsa
Add 1/4 C. +/- sour cream

Dip tortilla chips in it.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...