Okay, are you ready for no-fail, easy crockpot chicken? These are great go-to recipes for any time you're in a rush. Most of these ingredients, you probably already have on hand. Throw them into your crockpot in the morning, turn it on low, and go about your day. By dinnertime, voila! Your house smells marvelous. Make a salad, and you have a no stress dinner.
Chicken Fryer (rinse and pat dry with paper towels before cooking)
Add 1 C. water
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8. It's done if the joints are coming apart from the body.
This chicken can be used for any recipe that calls for chicken (chicken salad, any chicken casserole, etc., etc., etc.). Wait for it to cool and remove the meat from the bones. The bones can be used for a future chicken soup, or throw them away. When fryers are on sale, I'll cook them up this way and then freeze the meat for the future.
Here are some options for this same recipe:
- Throw in some salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with any one or combination of these herbs:
- Add a lemon, cut in wedges (and a bay leaf if you have one) into the chicken’s cavity for flavor. Remove lemon and bay leaf before serving.
Chicken breasts - cook these recipes on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour 1 can cream of mushroom soup over top. Cook. When done, put chicken on a plate and if you want, you can make what's left in the crockpot into a gravy--mix 1 Tbsp. flour and ½ C. water (or milk) together in a small bowl. Turn the crockpot on high, and stir the flour mixture in. Cook until thick. Pour over chicken to serve.
- Pour in salad dressing – honey mustard, Catalina, French, Russian, Italian.
- Pour in equal parts of soy sauce, water and sugar and throw in some minced garlic and minced ginger (if desired). Cook. Serve over rice.
- Pour in barbecue sauce.
- Pour in 1 jar of salsa. When done, shred the chicken and serve in tortillas, over tortilla chips, or over rice. You might also want to serve with refried beans, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with one package of taco seasoning and 1 C. water. Use for nachos, burritos, etc.
- Pour in one bottle of French or Catalina salad dressing, 1 envelope dry onion soup mix and 1 can whole cranberry sauce.
- Add 1 can golden mushroom soup or cream of mushroom soup and 1 envelope dry onion soup. Serve over rice.
- Pour in one can cream of chicken soup, ½ pkg. cream cheese, and 1 C. sour cream.
- Mix together 2 cans undrained green beans, 2 can cream of mushroom soup. Put in crockpot and add chicken.
- Slice 1 large onion and put on bottom of crockpot. Slice 4 potatoes on top of the onions. Put chicken breasts next. Pour 1 can cream of mushroom soup mixed with one can of milk on top of chicken. Sprinkle with garlic powder if you want to.
- Place chicken breasts on bottom of crockpot. Place 4 cups of chopped broccoli on top and mix together 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, 1 c. mayo, and 1-ish tsp. of curry powder, and pour over top.
- Pour in 2 cans of Contadina Sweet and Sour sauce. Serve over rice.
- Pour 1 jar of spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cook. Sprinkle with mozarella before serving. Serve on pasta.