Would you like to translate this into another language?

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Crockpot Chicken and Corn Chowder

I have decided that the best recipes are those without exact measurements. If you own the Madhouse cookbook, you will see that there are a few of my mom's recipes that just have ingredients listed. It's up to the creator to figure out how much of what to throw in. Those recipes--my mom's dip and her fried chicken, as two examples, were her claim to fame. They were delicious!

My friend, Angelina, has shared a couple recipes with me this month and given me permission to share them with you. She explained to me that this first one doesn't have measurements, so you KNOW it's going to be a winner. Thank you, Angelina! 

Here are the ingredients......

*Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
* Onions-chopped
* Evaported Milk (can use regular milk or some of both, although it is creamier with the evap. milk- if you use too much it is more of a soup than a chowder)
*Potatoes (peeled, chopped into bite size chunks)
* Corn (Kernel/Cream) by preference or what you have on hand
*Season to taste: Garlic Salt, Seasoning Salt, Pepper, Salt. Sometimes I add Basil and Oregano if I want a slightly different flavor

Top with:
* Grated Cheese
* Bacon (I cook ahead and break it up into a bag or small tupperware container)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...