Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Morning Confession

It's Monday morning, and I'm bound and determined that this is going to be a good week. Last week was tough.

image: bloguin.com
I'm STILL potty training #7. Yes, STILL! UGH! This is killing me. You'd think with having trained six children in the past, at varying degrees of difficulty, I would have this down. I thought it would be a walk in the park. Totally, I did. Au contraire mon frere.

image: fredflare.com
Wowza! I guess it goes to show you that no two children are alike. Each of mine have been a different walk in a different park. One was actually more like a glide on roller skates that lasted less than 15 minutes. The others were a bit more time spent in their own parks--fountains, lakes, forests, you name it, we've been to that park, or at least, that's how it feels.

Ah the experiences of life that round us out, huh?

image: whoism3.wordpress.com
I'm so relishing the idea of no more diapers. I will have definitely earned it by the time we're all done. I'm not a pusher. I don't believe in power struggles over things like this. I've been to that park and will NEVER return, but sometimes it's super hard to bite my tongue and walk away.

I've taught her how to clean up after herself, so starting this week, I'm walking away from it and leaving her to do it herself. So far, so good. She's got it. My hope is that it will become so unpleasant that she will just want to do it the simpler way--in the toilet.

Anyway, that's a HUGE portion of this week's concerns. There is no preschool, so we can focus on gettin' 'er done. Wish me luck, or more like wish her luck, but wish me luck as I silently attempt to keep my sanity while she figures it all out once and for all.

image: tumblr.com
Now just let me return to my padded room where I can rock peacefully in my corner. UGGGHHHH!

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...