Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Liebster Award

I was so surprised to find that my dear, dear friend (he..hem...and author) Lia London Gubelin (Yes, this woman I'm strangling right here)....


...has nominated me for an award!


The idea of the Liebster Award is to promote the “best kept secret” blogs out there on the web–those with fewer than 200 followers.

Lia is the author of  The Circle of Law.  I haven't read it yet, but it's going to be one of our spring break reads.  I always read a book to my kids over the break--usually on the way to the beach and back.

Needless to say, I think Lia is fabulous and to be recognized with an award from her....now, that's a huge honor!  Thank you, Lia!

Part of receiving this award is that I get to nominate five other blogs that I feel are worthy of your time and attention.  And away we go.....


On the Literary Rebound - This is a new blog written by two wonderful friends of mine.  They are both authors waiting to be published.  They're encouraging and sweet and funny.   When you get a minute, go by and see what they've got to say.

It's Good to Be Gold - I HAVE to have Tonya on my list.  She's the one that really got me interested in blogging, and I just LOVE her to pieces.  If you know her, I'm sure you do too.  If you don't know her, you should, so drop by her blog.  You'll love it!

Silver Lining - Brooke doesn't know this, but I go to her blog whenever I want an uplift or whenever I have run out of things to blog about.  Just her manner, her way of writing, inspires.  I think she's a remarkable young woman.  I want to be like her when I grow up.

The Unmistakeable Allens - Sara, like Brooke, doesn't know that I lurk.  From time to time I'll leave a comment, but honestly, not as often as I should.  Just love this girl's zest for life.  So much fun to be learned from the young.

Stay Beautiful - This nomination is out of pure nepotism.  Yes, she's my daughter, and yes, I think she's one of the seven most fabulous things out there.  I'm giving her this award in hopes that she'll feel encouraged to write more.  She started this blog for her sisters, but I have learned something every time I've read it.  Hope you do too.


The other part of the deal with all of this is that, in order to receive the Liebster Award, one must do a few simple things (designed to further the cause of bringing great blogs out of anonymity).

  1. On your own blog, thank the person nominating you and link back to his/her blog.
  2. Nominate up to five more great blogs that should have more followers.
  3. Notify those people on their blog.
  4. Post the Award (that little graphic at the top) on your page.


Yes, it feels a little like a chain letter…except that there is a very real chance you’ll find a new-to-you blog that you absolutely love.

If you know of another blog that you think deserves more attention than it’s getting, please nominate them by following the steps above (even if you haven’t received the award yourself…just skip step 1).

ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Julie, you are so sweet! Thank you so much. Really, that means a lot to me. I had no idea, and it makes me feel a little more connected, in just the small ways, to my dear friends from home.

LeAnn said...

You do deserve the award. I enjoy following your adventures. I will check out the blogs lists. It is always fun to find new blog posts to read, learn and enjoy.

vaxhacker said...

Congrats. Your blog has been interesting and inspirational (and probably a bad influence on me from my kids' eyes with the things you've described about what you do with your family that we've tried).

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...