Would you like to translate this into another language?

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Commandment #7: Trust

Do I dare admit that this is my toughest commandment?  I tend to be one of those people who thinks she can do it all by herself.  I know, because of experiences in my life, that God's got my back.  I have no doubt of that--case in point.  My problem is putting myself in the position where I willingly give it and ask for help. I tend to stay on the safer side of things.

When I truly trust in God, though, I know that that requires me to step into the darkness (the unknown) sometimes. The trip to Japan was the perfect example of this. That was a HUGE trial of my faith. I was so happy to see that Heavenly Father had my back the entire way.

I view that trip as such a miracle that there is no way I can deny there is a God.

When I look at that, I realize that that's not the only example of that. For those who truly know me, it should be clear that my entire life (day to day) is a miracle. The fact that someone as weak as me can raise this family is a miracle in and of itself. It's just not possible without a loving God to strengthen and guide me.

If I don't trust Him, I will fall apart. Along with this, though, I know that I have a long way to go in this area as well. The more I trust and am willing to take those steps in following Him, the more I am able to do and the more capable I become.

To be honest, it's kind of scary, but I know I can do better.

1 comment:

Lia London, author said...

Trust is huge for me. I've got to be able to trust people if they will ever be real friends. The good thing about the Lord is that I know I can trust Him at His word to do what He says. If I don't jump into something with confidence when He has commanded, it is probably because I don't trust myself. I need to be a better friend to myself, perhaps?

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...