Would you like to translate this into another language?

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sacrifices--Just Some Thoughts

I'm reading Exodus 29 today.  I've read this a couple times before, and each time I read it, I have to honest, it kind of grosses me out.  Eww!  Must have been a very different world back then.  I can't imagine sacrificing animals, but I understand there were symbols and purposes for these rituals.

 I contrast those things with what we are asked to sacrifice to God today--a broken heart and a contrite spirit, and it makes me EXTRA grateful to have been born in this day and age.  I look at the sacrament I take on Sundays.  What a simple rite with so much meaning.  When I take it, do I give my heart willingly and do I give it with as much sacrifice as if it were a bullock or a turtle dove?

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...