I think it doesn't matter.
- It doesn't matter if my house is a wreck.
- It doesn't matter if I don't cook on a regular basis.
- It doesn't matter if I keep my car spotless.
- It doesn't matter if I have a wad of cash on hand at all times.
But what does matter....
What DOES matter is....
- That I love my children.
- That I'm there for them.
- That I care enough to take them aside and talk through decisions with them when they're about to make a dumb one....or worse....when they've already made a dumb one, and I need to get them back on the right path.
- That I laugh with them.
- That I connect with them.
- That I hug them and kiss them and put my arm around them everyday.
- That I make them aware that they're my EVERYTHING.
- That I take the time for them while they're still here with me.
- That there's no question EVER that they're each in my heart.
THAT's what matters!