Would you like to translate this into another language?

Friday, October 19, 2012

"Life Moves Pretty Fast....

image: captainsdead.com

...If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  --Ferris Bueller



There was one other, very sweet, tender mercy yesterday.....

As I drove #7 home from preschool, a red van passed me. It looked a lot like one of #1's best friends, but knowing that that friend is in college now, I knew I must have been mistaken.

We got home, I got the kids settled at the table for lunch, and the doorbell rang.

One of the kids answered it, and there was a bit of a hubbub as the kids greeted the visitor.

I walked around the corner, and there was #1's friend. To be honest, I think part of my down-ness has been compounded by missing #1. It was SO GREAT to see this young woman!

She walked in to hand me some ice cream she had purchased for me. #1 had once told her how much I love Blizzards, so it's become some kind of tradition for her to bring one with her when she comes to the house. So SWEET!

If you read this, Anna, I hope you know you're welcome at my house any ol' time--ice cream or no.

I gave her a hug, we spoke for just a moment, and she was gone. I feel honored to have had her drop by. For just a moment #1 didn't seem so far away.

In hindsight, I wish I would have, after she left, taken a moment and seen her visit for what it really was. I think my down day would have ended right then and there. Life just moves too fast. I need to take a little time to be grateful--to not overlook the wonderful things that surround me.


Everyday, I pick a "hero of the day." For yesterday, Anna, you were it. Thank you for taking a little time out for me.

1 comment:

Tonya said...

A Blizzard at my doorstep would have pulled me right out of a funk, too. What a sweet and thoughtful Anna!

Sorry things have been rough lately.

Just know that I sure do love you!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...