Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, October 14, 2012

An Experiment for Dinner

image: eatocracy.cnn.com
Got home from grocery shopping this evening and was just about to run kids out the door to a dance when I asked the Warden if they'd had dinner. He said they hadn't. I had to get something together...quick!

I went down to the pantry and felt very uninspired. Nothing there seemed like a quick fix for dinner. I knew I was going to have to be creative and put in a little bit of effort. Darn!

image: preparedldsfamily.blogspot.com
I grabbed two cans of chicken and two cans of broth. From the freezer, I took a bag of frozen broccoli and a bag of frozen peas. I took some carrots from the fridge and chopped them and got some onions to add in as well. I drained the chicken and threw everything in a pan and turned it on high. I also poured two cups of water in.

image: allthingsprovident.blogspot.com
Originally, I was going to thicken it with some flour and serve it over some instant mashed potatoes (potato pearls), but before I had done it, I changed my mind and just threw the potatoes into the broth--forget the flour. I knew the potatoes would thicken the broth and add way more texture and flavor than flour would.

The soup turned out really good. The main thing was to make sure the carrots weren't too firm. It took about 10 to 15 minutes to be done. It was like a potato soup with chicken and veggies.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...