Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, October 1, 2012

Dinner Talk

As we sat at dinner tonight, we asked the following questions:

  • What was the low point of your day?
  • What was the high point of your day?
  • Who was your hero today? (The only rule is that you can't be your own hero).

image: toastmasters.org
It made for some pretty fun conversation. We learned, though, that we need to set a timer or something and either cut people off when they've talked to long, or insist those that don't talk enough to fill the time. It's funny how our kids are--some are real talkers (...I know what you're thinking, but I'm sure I have no idea who they take after) and others are kind of quiet observers.

Here are my low, high and hero for today....

image: thevarguy.com
Low point--receiving software that was intended for Windows when I had ordered it for a Mac. After waiting so long, that was very disappointing, but it all got ironed out, and by evening, that guy I live with who sometimes dons his armor and mounts his stallion, had the correct software for me. YAY!

High point - being able to find childcare for #7 for one day a week, so I can go volunteer up at the elementary school.

Hero - Had I been thinking, I would have said that I had two heroes--that guy on the horse AND my friend who will be watching #7, but I only mentioned her. 

image: bolstablog.wordpress.com
How nice to have a day full of heroes!







During Family Home Evening tonight, the Warden asked us all to share who we were most looking forward to hearing speak at General Conference this weekend and why.

image: teachye.com
Of course, no one will be surprised to know that one of mine (I had two) was Jeffrey R. Holland just for the fact that we share initials (If you don't have any clue what I'm talking about, here's a link for you). Ugh!

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...