Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Twenty-Three Years Ago

Upon waking this morning, I was already perspiring. It took me immediately back to Japan in my mind. Then, in sacrament meeting today, we heard remarks from a recently returned sister missionary. She had served in Brazil. One of the stories she shared about her mission was very similar to an experience I had. This REALLY took me back to the good ol' days.

As I sat and listened to her, I got to thinking about my mission journals and letters that are sitting in a trunk in my house. I thought about the mission website I helped a friend set up a couple weeks ago. This friend and I talked about the possibility of making the blog so easily into a hard-bound book for her son's return. I LOVE this idea!

Today, as I listened, I decided that I would get my journals out today and start transcribing them into a blog. I'm a bit behind. I entered the Missionary Training Center on May 17th...get this....23 years ago! YIKES!

Japan
Photo credit: Yashar.Mans
This week 23 years ago, I arrived in Japan as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I'm going to start by entering two days at a time and will scan in photos when I can. Hopefully, not too long in the future, I'll be caught up. This could end up being a VERY interesting exercise.

Enhanced by Zemanta

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...