Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, July 9, 2012

Madhouse Munchings: Hummus in the Crockpot

Our neighbors moved to Hawaii. We miss them. Before they left, they made the realization that they couldn't take so many things with them. Many of their food items would have to be left behind.

One Sunday afternoon, she came over and asked if we'd like anything from their kitchen. We went over and inherited so many things. It was wonderful!

She had a lot of ingredients one would use to make middle eastern recipes. I was so excited!

Among the things we inherited were some dried chick peas. I've only ever used canned garbanzo beans, so I thought I'd give these a go. I'm using this recipe. Thought I'd share for anyone who might like to try it too. Just in case you happen to have a neighbor moving to Hawaii who bequeaths you some chick peas.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...