Would you like to translate this into another language?

Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Little Peek into My World

#6 is sitting here next to me drawing ninja's--his specialty...."Mom, which do you think will win--the one with the sword or the one with the bow and arrows?" Hmm....Tough question.

The plan for the day...grocery shopping. I know, exciting--THRILLING even.

The big man has set off for a day of spelunking (oh my goodness! I even spelled it right on the first go 'round) with his scouts. #1's got a day-long date with a friend that just returned home from his mission. Yikes! #2's off at a meeting for the trek that's coming up. #3's in Redmond with her bff (an annual tradition), #4's down the street taking care of our friend's chickens while they're out of town, #5's still in bed--man, oh man, that boy can sleep! #6--drawing ninjas. #7's off with #4, she LOVES those chickens.

Yesterday we took the MOST AMAZING hike! As we climbed the mountain, I watched my kids taking care of each other--#2 was HILARIOUS! He wouldn't admit it on the way up, but on the way back down, it was quite clear that he was worried about the safety of his three brothers. He lined them all up and made sure they walked as far from the path's edge as possible. He did it all in a very humorous way so that no one knew that he was really dealing with a bit of anxiety.

Today the sun is shining as much as it was yesterday. I'm wanting to be out in it. Summertime grocery shopping is not my fave, but it HAS to be done today. I've returned to the coupon site I use. With the cash system I'm finding I have to be much more careful how I spend our money. I used this site for awhile, but since the other was the first I used, I've gone back to it. I'm sharing these links here because they're both GREAT sites, and if you're looking for a place to start, I recommend either of them.

I'm working on a new blog just to see how it goes. I did a basic post last night--nothing to write home about, but I just put it out there to see if it would get any views last night. It got two--one from the U.S. and one from Germany. Fun! I don't know if I'll make it work. It was just simply an experiment. I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I wrote in my last post. I don't keep my blog for the world to see. It's fun that they do, but it's just a venting place. That I would be considered worth reading is kind of a hilarious idea, actually. I don't want to change because someone says I should. I want to change because I want to, and to be honest, there is part of me that does.

The Madhouse came into being because life was just a bit insane with running a household and working on a college degree. I needed a creative outlet. Now, with school over and having attained that goal, I feel that any madness is self-inflicted, and I have much more control over life. The thing I'm not controlling right now, though, is my children and what's happening in their lives.

I'm not sharing a link to the blog at this point because there's really not much to look at yet. It's just a skeleton--an experiment, like I said before. When and if it becomes more, I'll share.

So, I'm off to get the coupons ready. Heading to Fred Meyer to take advantage of the playland. #6 can still go in with #7 until September. Kindergarten'll end all of that fun, and I'll have to be a bit more creative on the shopping schedule.

One little side note:  yesterday, in the car, we nearly finished Harry Potter #5. We have a chapter and a half left. That means tonight, after we finish, we will watch the movie. YAY!

#7 just walked in from feeding the chickens. She raced upstairs with a "flower" for me. I'm now sitting here with a dandelion behind my ear. This seems to be a fairly frequent addition to any ensemble lately. Are you sporting one too? C'mon....everybody's doing it!

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...