Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

So Glad Someone Cares

I lay in bed yesterday morning, dreading to get out of it.  The bed was so warm and I was still so tired and I honestly couldn't think of one reason why I wanted to get out.  There are many reasons why I should get out of bed.  Usually, my sense of duty gets me up, but I'm tired of feeling duty-bound.  I want to get up because I want to get up.  I want to be excited about the day ahead.

I laid there thinking, "This just isn't going to do.  I HAVE to get up."  I tried to rouse myself to the sense of duty, but it just didn't work.  I knew there had to be something that would get me out of bed.

Finally, I thought once I'm out of bed, being out of bed just won't be enough.  Once I'm out, I'll have to do something, and I don't want to do anything.  So forget it!  I continued to lay there.

I decided that I needed to pray.  Maybe God would get me out of bed.  I told Him how I knew He could work miracles and expressed my need for one because getting out of bed was going to be one.  Not only that, but I pushed my prayer a bit further.  I told Him that after I got out of bed, I wanted to have energy and feel motivated.  I wanted to get some things done and feel good about what I'd accomplished.  Just getting out of bed wasn't going to cut it.

I closed my prayer and continued to lay there.  Then I remembered what faith really is.  If I wanted that prayer to come to pass, I was going to have to make the first move.  I needed to give Him something to work with.  I had to show Him my desire.

I sat up.  The next thing I knew, I was on my feet and in the shower.

By the end of the day, I had straightened the entire house (including the toy closet), entertained three children besides my own, cleaned out my laundry room so that you could dance in it (and we did as I showed it off to the kids when they got home from school), made cookies and a Valentine's box completely with spray paint and googley eyes, washed and folded all the laundry in the house, cleaned the office area a bit more, read the next chapter of Harry Potter to #5, helped #4 make homemade pizza for dinner, prepared and shared the Family Home Evening lesson on this very topic, and worked with #3 on her algebra.

So, yup.  Yesterday was a miracle.  So glad He cares about even simple things like getting me out of bed.

4 comments:

LeAnn said...

I have so had days like this; infact I always struggle with the bed. I am just not a morning person. I do think prayer is the first and best thing to do. You really got up and got going. In fact you really did a lot; it made me tired.

Tonya said...

You were quite the productive Momma!

Nice going.

And I love how you thought to pray.

You're always teaching me good things:)

Alyson said...

So many things going on in the world, and you getting out of bed was on His list of things to do! I love stories like that.

Kimberly said...

You are inspiring. I'm glad to know that even super moms have hard mornings. And I'm with Tonya. I love how you thought to pray. Thank you!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...