One of the biggest rites of passage in the LDS faith is going to the temple for the first time. #1 will have that experience this evening. What an exciting time!
If you'd like to know a bit more about LDS temples, here is a good article, or I'm sure I know a couple young men or young women who could tell you more if you're interested.
Here are some past blog posts in which I've mentioned the temple:
- The experience of taking our youngest son inside the doors of the temple.
- The temple's impact on our family history (sorry the video no longer works).
- How the temple figures into my view of success.
- The interesting find in my stolen purse.
- How the temple centers me.
So looking forward to #1's experience this evening. The temple will touch her for the rest of her life.
I just now received a phone call from a good friend telling me that her dad is dying. Ugh! Looking at the calendar, today is the day my mom slipped into her final coma and stayed there for five days dying. This coming Sunday it will have been 14 years since she left us.
Here is yet another reason why I love the temple. It gives me hope that I will see her again. I'm so glad that this friend has this hope as well. It just makes that awful pill a bit easier to swallow.