Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hope Smiling Brightly

I started my morning with a group of impatient people. It didn't help that I really didn't want to be where I was when I was and that I, in the process of being there, broke two nails down to the point of making one of them bleed--that's quite a feat considering I rarely have nails long enough to even break in the first place.

As I dealt with this, I remembered what I read this morning, and it helped center me again.


"Because of Christ there is hope smiling brightly before you, and you need not worry too much about sickness, death, poverty, or other afflictions. The Lord will take care of you. Your responsibility is to keep the commandments, feast upon the words of Christ, and stay in the path to your heavenly home." 
--Julie B. Beck, "There Is Hope Smiling Brightly before Us", Ensign, May 2003, 103


Even in as minor a situation as I was in this morning, this quote helped me remember that even if I'm hating my circumstances, there's somebody else in charge. I just needed to ride the wave and be patient.

I knew that things would even out later in the day to make up for my cruddy morning, and you know what? It did. It ended up being a great day.

Oh, but my nail still hurts.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...