Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Manicotti in the Crockpot? A TOTAL WINNER!

image: blogs.babble.com
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE manicotti. Seriously my favorite Italian dish. 

#1 brought it up the other day. Not sure what the context was now that I think back on it, but the wheels started turning...I wonder if I can find a recipe for the crockpot.

I had made manicotti once before. It was way, WAY back when the Warden and I were first married.

What a MESS! You had to cook the noodles and THEN fill them with the cheese mixture. No way! Uh uh! It was yummy, but probably not worth the work to get there.

image: fakinit.typepad.com
With this recipe, you just get the pasta out of the package, pipe in the cheese (I used my Pampered Chef thingy--not sure what it's called, but here's a picture for you), throw it on top of a lovely bed of sauce in the bottom of the crockpot, top it with sauce, meat and cheese and throw another layer of filled pasta on top then topping THAT with more sauce, meat and cheese.

I cooked it on high for a bit more than two hours.

Oh MY! YUMMMMY! And a whole lot less work.

Here's the link to the recipe again.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...