Thought I'd take a minute and share our faves of what we've tried in our crockpot so far. Here they are in no particular order:
- Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Caramel Rolls - we made these without the glaze and just called them Monkey Bread.
- Fish Au Gratin - This was tonight's dinner. We used tilapia. SO, SO, SO YUMMY!
- Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
- Loaded Baked Potato Soup - I think we've enjoyed every potato soup recipe we've tried.
- Sloppy Joes - A little spicy, but oh so, yummy!
- Southwestern Two Bean Chicken
- French Toast - the original name has "casserole" attached to it. I felt this was a misnomer, and a turn off for my kids.
- Foil Packet Tilapia - I wasn't home for this one, so my teenage daughter made it for the crew. They all LOVED it and raved about it. I will HAVE to make this one again, so I can give it a try.
- Cheesy Potato Soup
- Santa Fe Chicken
- Lasagna - My kids were unintimidated by the "green stuff."
- Nutella Banana Bread - We used the recipe provided, but next time, we'll use our favorite banana bread recipe, but follow their instructions for incorporating Nutella.
We've had some real losers too, so maybe that will be a future post. All in all, the kids don't love the recipes that have had eggs or hash browns in them. The consistency is just a bit grainy and not like what you love about either ingredient when they're cooked in a pan--firm and maybe even just a bit crispy.
I love that I've learned that pasta can be poured in uncooked for the last 15 minutes. That's so great! There have been too many times when I've made crockpot pasta dishes where they've asked that you pre-cook the pasta and pour it in. Ick! It ends up WAY overcooked.