Would you like to translate this into another language?

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Running Around Like a Madwoman!

image: kencorbettart.com
"No other success can compensate for failure in the home" (David O. McKay).

Do I really need to say more? I woke this morning struggling. As you may know, I've been working for the past nine months. I love what I do, but when you love what you do, sometimes life can become a bit skewed. This is where I am.

This morning, my heart has turned to David O. McKay's words. In the Book of Mormon, it will frequently talk about a "regulation in the church." Usually after a time of war, there will be a time of re-instituting things that have been let go. This is what I need in my home.

It's not that we have been in a time of war here, but many things have been allowed to be let go. I've been slacking on many of my duties.

Julia Shinkle Photography
I still love my work. It's very fulfilling. The people I work for know that I am a mom with lots of responsibility, and they know that I need flexibility. That's been afforded me, and it's made what I do that much more enjoyable.


Here's what needs to be gathered, and here's what I'm going to do.....

The wee hours of the morning -- 5:30 (yes, I gave up 4:30) to 7am -- is me time. It's when I exercise and get ready for the day.

The hours between 7 and noon belong to my family. They are the time I have to play, read, converse, and truly enjoy these wonderful people I live with.

Noon to 2:30 is work time. This is #7's nap time and #6 is off at Kindergarten. As I continue with this, two hours might not be enough, but really, my priority has to be here at home. If I don't do this, I must sacrifice one or the other, and I'm pretty sure you know what would go, and I'm pretty sure that with all the important things coming up in our lives, that would make life rather difficult.

At 2:30, I'm back with the family....helping with homework, getting dinner ready, time for family scriptures and family prayer....

7:30 to 9:30 is time for getting kids to bed, time with the Warden, time to unwind from the day.


I once had a missionary companion whose theme for her mission was "No regrets." This is what I want. I want to leave this life someday knowing that I did my very best. The time will come for me to work all I want to, but for now, my work is with my children and my husband. No one could pay me enough to sacrifice these years I have with them. Success with and for them is the only success I hope for.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...