Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, January 14, 2013

Just to Get a Few Minutes of Perspective

Just need to vent for a few minutes. Sometimes when I do, and things that seem impossible like this work out, I look back and see the miracle that's taken place or the array of little tender mercies that all add together to make things work out for the best.

image: anandtech.com
I'm currently working on two documents. One is at 500 words, the other is at 700. I need to increase both to 1,000 words. Yikes! I've been working and working on them. This is my last go 'round. I must have them done by 3pm. I now have less than two hours. This doesn't even include the document that is supposed to be done by the end of the month that I've been completely avoiding just because it seems so very impossible.

At 3pm, #1 has to be at work at the mall. Because of what I thought was a slight fender bender, we took the Suburban (affectionately known as "Mr. Burban") into the shop. We found out today that the damage was much more extensive than we had hoped, and it's most likely going to have to be totaled. Really bad news. Little blue is also out of commission right now too, so we're down to one car. Oh, and the rental that the Warden is driving for the time being. Once that goes back, though, we'll be down to one.

image: cargurus.com
Mr. Burban's been through a lot. We bought it after a car accident when I was pregnant with #5. It's been very much a necessity to our family. It's been the overlooked workhorse. It will probably be the car that I will mourn more than any we've ever owned. It's kind of taken on its own personality. Am I crazy? It's also the car that I came back to at the track meet that had its window bashed in by thieves. I will miss this car!

Yesterday at church, #3 complained of her vision going out in her left eye. I've had a handful of migraines such as this one. She's never had a migraine before. Sure enough, within a few minutes, her head started hurting. She went home from church and slept. I just received a text from her telling me that the headache was still going full bore.

I called the clinic. They can see her at 3:20, so there you have it. One daughter to the mall at 3, and one to the doctor at 3:20, and only one me with one car.

image: papermed.com
The other fact was that I was supposed to go grocery shopping this morning. I was more than overdue, but I had to take #6 to get his staples removed and #1 in to get some blood work rechecked. I was to go grocery shopping immediately following, but because of half hour waits at the clinic, I not only didn't get the shopping done, #6 arrived late to Kindergarten.

There....I know, whine...whine...whine. Life could be SO MUCH worse, but thank you for allowing me to vent to you for a few minutes, so I could get that perspective again. There's no doubt this will work out. I'm not sure how, but it will.

There will hopefully be time tonight for a bit of a counting-my-blessings post. I know the blessings come after the trials, right?

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...