Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Week Ahead: Day 2



Day 2 Assignment

::Get dressed in something that makes you feel great {there’s something about dressing in clothes that make you feel great that just gives you more energy and zest for life!}

Yesterday morning, when I first started this quest, I was laying in bed at the beach. I wasn't at home, and I was basically living out of a backpack, so dressing in something that makes me feel great wasn't even an option. I dressed in something comfy for cleaning up and driving home.

This morning, however, I dressed in my khaki pants and black turtleneck sweater. When I ran in to my husband he said I looked "regal." Wow! I felt great! I never go clothes shopping, so I really have very few things that I feel make me look "great." But I must have done pretty well this morning. YAY!!!


I went and bought some hot chocolate last night, so here I am sipping on it. As I opened the package, I knew my kids's radar'd be on as soon as they walk in the front door from school. This may be the only cup I get out of that HUGE can. I'm enjoying every sip knowing that might be the case.

I cleaned out my purse just now, and I think I've decided that I don't want to carry a purse anymore. What a total pain in the rear end. I don't know when I succumbed to hauling one around with me. I used to just throw my keys and debit card in one pocket and my cell phone in the other, and I'd be off. Why have I complicated things so much more than that? I mean, when you want to go volunteer at the school, where do you put your purse? When you're at a rainy track meet (painful memories), where do you leave it then? Yes, purses are a pain.

I read ahead and found that today's assignment is to clean out the fridge. Can I just say that I'm super EXCITED about this? After going grocery shopping last night, while putting the food away, we didn't even have room for a gallon of milk. This is one of those hanging-over-my-head kinds of tasks, so I look forward to getting it done.

Okay, finally, here are the things I want to accomplish today:

  • Hang up the pile of clothes in my bedroom.
  • Empty one box from the garage. Throw or put away the contents.
  • Upload and order photos for #7's "Star of the Week" poster.
  • Follow up on the kids' goals for the week. Help them progress today.
  • Work up to p. 112 in the emergency preparedness manual.
  • Fold clothes on top of dryer.
  • Create agendas for the two meetings for this week.


::Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick-clean of your kitchen: wash the dishes/load the dishwasher, clear off the counter tops, and, if you have time, wipe down the counter tops and the outside of the cupboards with wet rag or cleaning cloth.
::Set the timer for 10 minutes and do a quick clean of your refrigerator. Remove all the contents that are past their prime, wipe down the sticky spots, and re-organize things so they are easier to get to. If you have more time, there’s a step-by-step guide for cleaning out your refrigerator here.


For the time being, while #7's sleeping and all the other kids are off at school, it's now time to get to work. My plan is to work on the emergency preparedness manual until #7 wakes or kids get home. We'll see how much I can accomplish. It's really an intense project, and getting to page 112 is a lofty goal, but there's always tonight.

After kids get home, while I'm making snack, I'll get to work on the kitchen and the fridge.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...