Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Take the Challenge

Are you ready for this?....


image: facebook.com/ldsseminary

Physical traits

  1. My eyes that attracted my husband to me
  2. My dimples that add a bit of variety to my face
  3. That my legs and arms work
  4. That I can see
  5. That I can hear 
  6. The ability to process food
  7. The ability to bear children
  8. That my lungs work
  9. That my heart works
  10. That my bones and muscles work without too much complaint


Material possessions

  1. Our big ol' van
  2. The two other cars so that we can get around without the big ol' van
  3. Our home
  4. Cell phones that keep us connected when we're not together
  5. Computer for the same reason
  6. Washer and dryer - can't even imagine what it would have been like to be a pioneer
  7. Dishwasher
  8. My big, comfy bed
  9. Toys that entertain my kids
  10. Our yard


Living people

  1. My husband
  2. Shall I just number them? #1
  3. #2
  4. #3
  5. #4
  6. #5
  7. #6
  8. #7
  9. My dad
  10. Wow! How do you choose one last person on this list?! Can I just say my brothers and my sister? No? That's cheating? Can I just list my children all on one number? No? Okay....Hmm....Okay, I'm going to choose....Jesus Christ. I started to put Him on my deceased list, but then I realized that that wasn't quite right. I am grateful that He lives.


Deceased people - In making this list, I'm realizing that I really don't know that many deceased people personally, so other than my mom, I guess I have to choose people I've never met or can't remember meeting.

  1. My mom
  2. My grandmother who I'm named for
  3. My grandmother who I'm intrigued by
  4. Captain Moroni
  5. Benjamin Franklin
  6. Ronald Reagan
  7. Gordon B. Hinckley
  8. Joseph Smith
  9. Brigham Young
  10. Ezra Taft Benson


Things about nature

  1. Blossoms on trees in the springtime
  2. Snow
  3. Rain
  4. Blue skies
  5. Hummingbirds
  6. Green grass
  7. Pine trees
  8. The color of autumn leaves
  9. That all things can reproduce themselves
  10. Butterflies


Things about today

  1. Having my family home
  2. Working together to prepare for Thanksgiving
  3. A warm house to live in
  4. Feeling good - no one is ill
  5. That #1 is getting to spend the day with some of the best people on this earth
  6. Having a store where I can go purchase things for my family
  7. Going to the temple
  8. Getting to read to my kids
  9. Today is a new day, and I can do better than yesterday
  10. Spending some quality time with my family


Places on earth

  1. My home
  2. The temple
  3. Disneyland
  4. The Columbia River Gorge
  5. The Oregon coast
  6. Japan - specifically those cities where I lived on my mission--Aomori, Yamagata, and Sendai
  7. Paraguay - where my husband served and became the man he is today
  8. Libraries
  9. Hospitals
  10. Churches


Modern inventions

  1. Computers
  2. Cars
  3. Telephones
  4. Washers and dryers
  5. Musical instruments
  6. Grocery carts
  7. Stoves
  8. Ovens
  9. Dishwashers
  10. Refrigerators


Foods

  1. Sh'yah, as if you didn't know....NUTELLA
  2. Chocolate
  3. Watermelon
  4. Ice cream
  5. Tacos
  6. Pizza
  7. Cheese
  8. Corn on the cob
  9. Berries - all kinds
  10. Barbecued chicken


Things about the gospel

  1. The Atonement - that I can start over and try again
  2. Understanding the I am God's daughter
  3. That God knows me personally
  4. That Jesus Christ and his Atonement are my ties to heaven
  5. That there is a purpose in all things
  6. That I'm not really in control
  7. The Book of Mormon
  8. That I can and do receive messages just for me through the Holy Spirit
  9. The temple - that I can be with my family FOREVER
  10. That there is hope

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...