Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, September 29, 2013

#1's Weekly Email: Week #15


Okay, maybe it's time for me to stop trying to translate what she's saying....The internet translators just aren't cutting it. Sounds like she's super happy, which of course, makes me happy.

Enjoy!











Soooooooooooo I love it here. The Philippines is one amazing place to be.
This week has been really good. Kaunti lang mahirap dahil walang tubig sa apartment namin pero we just keep smiling :) 

The work is always fun and now that I'm becoming more comfortable here it's easier for me to be my crazy old self. Trust me, I'm not crazy all the time... Just when it's ok ;)

Two really good parts of this week are this:
Sister V.'s baptism
1. Sister V. got baptized! Sobrang masaya kami. And right after church yesterday, she went out and worked with the other sisters in our area. She's already becoming a missionary. I'm so happy for her.

2. We had exchanges again and I got to spend the day with Sister J. She's the sister training leader and she's so awesome. She is very easy-going but she has this power about her that makes everyone respect her. I hope I can become like her. Anyways, we had exchanges and she told me that I will probably be training in the next transfer. EEEP! Scared and excited at the same time. 

The language is coming at about the same pace. I can't wait for the day when I can understand everyone around me and be able to reply just as naturally. That's what I want most right now to just be fluent in the language. And I know it'll happen. Just gotta be patient.

#1 and her companion,
Sister C.
So anyways, this week has been really great and I've learned a lot. It constantly amazes me how much I've learned. I've only been here for 2 months but I can honestly say that I'm not the same person. I'm better than I was before and I can't wait to see who I become. Every time I talk to someone in Tagalog I think about my family being here and what I would sound like to them hahaha It always makes me chuckle. You'd think I was speaking gibberish. I love my language. 

So yeah. That's this week. The food is still super yummy, the people are still amazing, I still love my mission. Yup. Same as always.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I love you all!
Mahal ko kayo!
-Sister Hess




Translation:
Kaunti lang mahirap dahil walang tubig sa apartment namin pero = Just a little difficult because there is no water in our apartment but
Sobrang masaya kami = Such a pleasure for us.
Mahal ko kayo = I love you

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...