Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, September 1, 2013

#1's Weekly Email: Week #11

Well hello there! Long time no talk.

This past week was Waaaaaaay better than last week. Last week was really frustrating because everyday my list of weaknesses and things to improve was getting bigger. There was something holding me back. it was like I had an invisible barrier in front of me and I had no idea what it was. But good news! I got it figured out and now I am so much happier. 

I'm still striving to become more humble and teachable and forget myself. It's becoming easier and easier to focus on other people. I love that I can forget myself. 

This past week, it rained for maybe the first two days. But then! The sun came out. Hallelujah! And it also got hot but that's ok cuz I love it when it's hot out. I have already started to get an awesome watch tan.

Everyone still stares but the other day I saw a white old man that wasn't a missionary and I stared at him too so I guess I can understand how the people feel when they look at me. It's gonna be so weird to come home and be surrounded by white people. 

One of the pieces of advice that Sister C gave me last week really stuck with me. She said that I need to stop thinking of myself as a foreigner. I am a Filipino now and I need to remember that always. I really am striving to become one of them and as I do so I can understand them better and know what they need

I love the people here so much. All the people we're teaching have different problems and I love that we can help them figure out those problems through our message. It makes me so happy. 

I love being a missionary. Greatest decision I ever made. At a past missionary meeting, Elder Ardern said, "You must have done something great in the pre-existance to be called to the Olongapo mission." I really do feel blessed to be here. I love the people and I love my mission. I know that this is the only true church on the face of the earth and I know that it is the only way to return to our Heavenly Father.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. I love you all!

Mahal ko kayo!
-Sister Hess




Translation:
Mahal ko kayo = I love you

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

There is nothing like a missionaries letters home. I loved this one!
Blessings!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...