Would you like to translate this into another language?

Friday, August 16, 2013

Good Things Going On

I've been working so long on that cleaning post that I refused to do my gratitude post until it was done. Well, this is long overdue, so here we go....


  1. An exercise buddy - I'm getting ready to walk the Portland-to-Coast next weekend. Am I ready? Not even. I'm getting slower with every trip out. Whatever! I'm just going to go for it and hope it all works out. I have a great team, so I hope they'll make up for my lack. Regardless of all this, I have some great workout buddies. One night, #4 went with me on his roller blades. It was my fastest time so far. Other times, #3 has gone with me. We went seven miles the other night. KILLER! It is so fun to go with them. We, by the time we get home, have all the world's problems solved. So GREAT! So glad I don't have to search very far to find someone to go with me.
  2. The recent visit of my brother's family - Wow! So many great times this past few days. I was sad to see them leave. There is so much gratitude all wrapped up in that five days, I don't know where to begin. Here's a short list--having cousins spend the night, barbecue with the family, Seaside and lots of time in the sand and the water, Lost Lake and pedal boats, raspberries and gravenstein apples, impersonations in the back seat of the car that had me laughing to the point of tears. This list could go on and on and on. I look forward to their next visit.
  3. My presidency - Oh wow! These three ladies are SO wonderful! Last night, although we've been planning this for a long time and were hoping to do it to celebrate the year being half over, we met up at Moonstruck Chocolate for milkshakes and held our meeting right there. I love working with these women. Each brings something different to the table, and we seem to complement each other so well. I couldn't ask for better. Being with them is one of the highlights of my week every week.

So, here's the scoop for the day....
  • #2 gets his senior portraits taken tonight. We'll be taking a trip out to beautiful Dallas, Oregon to meet up with Julia Shinkle. We love her!
  • #5 has a soccer tournament this weekend, but because they've moved him to a different team, I need to go get the appropriate jersey and shorts today. **Sigh**
  • I've got to get some groceries.
  • I have some articles to finish up.
  • Maybe a trip to the fountain is in order for the day as well. It's a bit overcast, but it's still plenty warm.
  • I've also set a goal to have each family member write #1 a Dear Elder letter once a week and then write her an email on the weekend. We'll see if I can persuade them to do that.
  • I started reading the Percy Jackson series to #5 and Sideways Stories from Wayside School to #6. I'm looking forward to moving to the next chapter with both of them today. Fun times!

1 comment:

Anna Banana said...

This is a brilliant (read fresh) list of ideas for an exhausted mom and some sometimes uncooperative kids. Thank you!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...