Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

#1's Weekly Email: Week #8


my kasama and me out tracting. Aren't we cute? hehe oh and it's also raining...

Sorry this is coming so late but it's kind of been flooding over here. haha mom, you know that picture of that one sister that you saw online where she's up to her knees in water? well that was us yesterday. We were told to stay home so we kind of got a day off... but not really. 

Since we stayed inside I wore a t-shirt and jeans that whoooole day. It felt so good :) 

This might be really short but I'll try to make it as full of stuff as I can.\

First of all, the language is coming along pretty well. It's still really hard pero because I'm immersed in it I've learned more in the last week than I did my whole stay in the MTC.My kasama is really helping me too. She still gets a bit impatient but she's pushing me and that's really what I need right now. We trade off in taking turns talking in the lessons. Most of what teach is in Taglish but that's ok because my kasama has my back. She takes good care of me and is always pushing me to talk to EVERYONE. Haha but she gets really annoyed because everyone stares at me. I'm so white! They think I'm beautiful. They will randomly come up to me and tell me that and they always want to touch my hair. The boys here are the funniest though. They will stop what their doing and just stare with their mouths open. Sobrang funny.

Sister C. says that if she had my beauty she would have thousands of investigators.

It's been a bit frustrating this week because a couple of our investigators have decided to stop listening. I hate Satan. He always finds a way to bug us... Pero I know that Heavenly Father is in charge and he will make sure that everyone gets a chance to hear his gospel. \

Ummm what else. The food here is still good. It's raining a ton. I miss you all so much. I hope you have a great week!

I'll talk to you again on Monday if the rain permits :P

Mahal kita! The church is true, just so you know ;)
-Sister Hess



Kasama = companion
Pero = but
Sobrang = really; very
Mahal kita = I love you

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love reading the updates from the missionaries. We have two girls in our ward who I am close too and I love reading what they are doing.
Blessings!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...