Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Neurotic

We saw our eldest off to a week at outdoor school as a counselor. This is probably great practice for seeing her off to college, but I could not sleep last night.

Since she was a baby, I have made sure that everywhere she's gone, she's been with people I trust--whether it's been nursery when she was 18-months-old, soccer practices at 6 years, camp at 12 or EFY at 14. It's wonderful to know so many trustworthy people. I've truly taken them for granted....until now.

This is the first time that I have left her in the care of no one I know. It's a bit unnerving. I just have to trust that she can take care of herself.

Chances are we won't hear from her until Wednesday. She has her phone, but it's confiscated when not in use. There's about an hour each day (Wednesday and after) when she'll have free time and be able to call us.

She's with two of her friends. I guess there's my solace. I trust her friends. She picks good people to hang out with, and I'm proud of her for that.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Making that step in your daughter's life is a hard one. I remember sending them off to college was really hard. You just pray alot and trust in the Lord. Now I have 3 beautiful daughters who I so enjoy; but they all live very far away and I don't hear from them daily because they are busy with young families. Enjoy your moments!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...