Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Early Morning Ramblings

It's 5am, and I'm up...on purpose. Yesterday I was up at 4:40. Today was the same. Why haven't I done this before?!

First of all, happy Mother's Day!

Second of all, just a little update on the progress made on this week's goals:
1. Empty the final box.
2. Clean out #6's box o' books.
3. Create a list of goals.
4. Clean out the music cupboard.


5. Clean out the filing drawer.
6. Create the baby steps for the next goal.
7. Study up on a new filing system.
8. Implement new filing system.

I'm really not doing this in order. I figure as long as I get one done a day, I'm in pretty good shape. To be honest, the filing drawer intimidates the heck out of me. It's pretty full, and I have paper-phobia anyway, so it's the scariest thing in my house--even more than spiders.

Today, I'm opting to move onto #6. I've also found that Zen Habits has a filing system. I haven't read this post yet, but since I pretty much love everything I've read there, I may just choose to by-pass #7 and go with what I find here.

This morning, I'm finishing up Jacob 5. It's one of the longest, if not the longest chapter in the Book of Mormon. It's full of symbolism, and to be honest, I don't get it, but I found a website that's helping me understand a bit more. If you find yourself in a similar position with Jacob 5, here's the site to get you through it. I haven't checked out the rest of the website, but it might be worth looking into.

After I finish Jacob 5...you can tell how into I am because clearly I'm blogging instead of reading.

OH NO! I hear footsteps upstairs. That's not cool. It's 5:30....Just a trip to the bathroom for someone, I hope. I told the Warden yesterday how much I LOVED being up early. He's such a night owl. I hope he doesn't choose to join me. I mean, I love his company, but with this time, I get so much done. If he's puttering around, I won't. Okay, all is silent.....

Anyway, finishing up Jacob 5 and then on to a Conference talk--Sister Dalton (second to last on the list). I started it yesterday--finishing it today.

No, seriously, #6 is AWAKE. Just came downstairs looking for me. He was carrying his big yellow gift bag he brought home from preschool on Friday. "Hey mom. I need to give you something."

Oh my goodness! I couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness. I grabbed his face and kissed his cheek.  He's had this bag tucked up on the top shelf of his closet. Here it is 5:30am, and first thing he realizes this morning is that it's Mother's Day. Cute!

I opened the gift--there were a bunch of things in it. Here are a couple that I loved....


This now adorns my desk.

I particularly love this one.

He had a "Mom's Gazette" where he had drawn a picture of him and me. He's holding two swords, and I have pigtails. Ah well..... Below the picture is an "article" with blanks to fill in. Here's what it says:

World's Best Mom!
On mother breaks all records to be named Top Mom.

(picture--swords, pigtails--here)

When asked about this honor, her child had this response:
"My mom rocks! She is smart.
When she makes up funny stories, it makes me so happy.
I love doing things with her, especially going places with her.
She is so good at texting.
She really is the best!

Okay, so I have to share that I live in the stone age and don't have texting. I think he must mean blogging. That's the only thing I can think of that he might be referring to. I'll have to ask him. Funny that in this day and age, I have a little boy who doesn't really know what texting is.

He's now gone upstairs to lay down in my bed, but I still hear him up there.

It's now 6:00. I'm off to get dressed. This kind of puts a kabosh on the old tradition of breakfast in bed, but maybe I'll go get dressed and lay down in bed for just a bit--long enough to eat.

Today is church and then we're heading off to the Grotto for a Mother's Day mass.  The Mother of the Year is speaking. The organization has been invited to join in. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

1 comment:

vaxhacker said...

Neglected time for blog reading and writing for a bit, but wanted to leave a comment (I know how valuable it is to even just know someone stopped by.)

Hope your Mother's Day was nice.

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...