Would you like to translate this into another language?

Monday, May 21, 2012

It Only Takes One

Someone shared the idea of doing Family Home Evening--the meeting/lesson part--on Sunday evening and then doing a family activity on Monday night. We've decided to give this a shot.

Last night, the Warden shared what he taught for his class at church for our lesson. The lesson was on charity. With it, he shared this...




He asked us to notice where the coach was originally standing. He said that he knows a woman who was at this game. She shared with him that the moment he noticed the girl having problems, he sprinted across to where she was.

Most likely, he didn't even know who she was, but he was not going to let her fail.

It is clear that Coach Cheeks didn't have an excellent singing voice, but he didn't let that get in his way. I'm sure that wasn't even a thought in his mind. It seems that all he wanted at that moment was for that girl to succeed.

As you notice, when the girl starts to mess up, the crowd begins to jeer.  It's kind of like when a kid drops his tray in the school cafeteria. Other kids feel uncomfortable and don't know what to do, but instead of feeling sad for the kid, they clap and laugh. I HATED this in elementary school. What a terrible human reaction!

The thing I love the most about this scenario is that all it took was that one man coming forward and being courageous enough and caring enough to help her out--just give her a tiny push in the right direction--and the crowd joins in too. He set her up for success.

I'm feeling this is what this world needs. Instead of "throwing someone under the bus," why don't we give them a hand up a step? I'm grateful for this little reminder.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

LeAnn said...

Wow, this was awesome; it brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing this one.
Blessings and hugs to you!

Tonya said...

I loved this. It actually choked me up a bit:)

Lia London, author said...

I remember when this happened. I was watching the game with friends on TV. I remember thinking, "That guy is a total stud. I don't even care if we win tonight. I've seen something amazing!"

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...