Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, November 23, 2014

#1's Weekly Emails: Week #64

I woke up with the "Mana Mana" video running through my head.... Ano bayan?

And this week has been enjoyable. And I didn't get sick. Woohoo! 
Let me think let me think.... What happened this week....

Monday: P-day of course.Support day. We went to Olongapo. I don't like support day. It's stressful...  We went and had FHE at the P family's house.

Tuesday: District meeting. Went to Olongapo again. Ew. But it was a good district meeting. Learned a lot. And then went home, took a super quick nap and went out to work. We visited the C family and taught them about missionary work. And they got super excited to convert their whole mountain of friends. Cool :) We'll see what happens there. And then went and taught S and L who are also excited for their baptism. The Le kids are doing great as well and so is P A. 

Wednesday: The usual, went out and worked and tried to find. It is stinking hard to find in our area because there are some parts that we're not allowed to enter. Our area is actually really small and if you take out the places with the drug addicts and the Muslim area, it shrinks even more. But that's ok. We also had Sister W (a new senior missionary and Sister D's older sister) work with us. She's awesome. And I think she liked working with us. It was a lot of fun. And we ended up finding 4 new investigators. 

Thursday: (Happy Birthday [#3]!) Weekly planning. The usual. I finally finished the scripture cases that I made for the Le kids. And then me and Sister L did exchanges. Man I love that girl so much. I forgot how much fun it was to be her companion. We went and gave the scripture cases to the kids and you would have thought that Christmas had come early.They were so excited! And then we went and taught the C family and L and S and a bunch of other people. We just had a bunch of fun. 

Friday:Worked with Sister L in the morning and we had a lot of fun again. And then when we went out and worked in the afternoon, me and Sister E had a lot of fun. We went and taught Sa and got her to work with us. We got a new investigator. His name is Li and he is 55 years old. He's a funny older guy and he's really promising. 

Saturday: Mornings are not my friends in this area. We are always super punted in the mornings and end up spending the whole time walking and walking and walking. But Sal and Sa worked with us so at least it was enjoyable walking and walking and walking. And after lunch it was more of the same. But we still got a lot of lessons in. 

Sunday: fast sunday. Here in the Philippines, this weird thing happens where EVERYONE wants to go to church on fast Sunday. It's weird because I'm pretty sure the opposite happens at home... But Sunday was a good day too. We got in a lot of lessons and we had a lot of fun. 

I love this work and I know that it's so important. I'm so grateful that I have the chance to serve here in the Philippines. I know that the church is true and that this is His Gospel. Thank you for all of your prayers and support. 

Mahal ko kayong lahat. Ingat kayo palagi!
love always,
-Sister Hess

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...