Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Silliness!

image: superstock.com
Once upon a time, within the last ten years or so, there was a tropical storm in Florida that caused a huge amount of damage. One thing was reported in the news. It went a little something like this--During the time of clean up, two organizations were apparent more than any other, one was the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the other was the Mormons.

I remember the Warden reading this to me. We both had a good chuckle over it.

During the past two weeks, I've been a bit miffed by something....I have heard from two different sources that the newest thing that Pastors are telling their congregations is that members of the LDS church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, a.k.a. the "Mormons") don't go to heaven.

PUH-leeze! First of all, these words don't scare me because I know better than to rely on the "arm of flesh," and I know that ultimately God is going to make that decision. Second of all, I'd really like to see that list and how this was decided. Fascinating!

I figure that's pretty prideful of someone to say such a thing...."Neener, neener! I'm going to heaven, but you're not." Silliness!

image: blog.al.com
So, I wonder, when the day comes that I'm helping you dig your house out of the rubble from an earthquake or a tropical storm or a tsunami, are you still going to be telling me that I'm not going to heaven?

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...