Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Heart Breaker

image: mcctherock.org
A little girl stood right next to me this morning as I sat working on a project. I leaned over and asked her if she was going to the preschool graduation tonight. She quietly responded, "Yes."

I proceded to ask her if she was bringing her mom. "No, because my mom lives in Portland."

"Oh, then are you bringing your dad?"

As she responded with a shake of her head, my heart started to break.

image: goodereader.com
"Then I will cheer extra loud for you tonight."

She immediately grabbed me around the neck, climbed on my lap, and enveloped me in a great big hug.

Maybe what every child in this world needs, no matter what his/her age, is one more person cheering.


No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...