Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, July 6, 2014

#1's Weekly Email: Week #52

this transfer is FLYING by.... Time flies when you're having fun I guess.


So this week has been another really good one. I don't know what it is but there's just something about this area. I love it so much.

Monday: We went and taught S. She's one of my favorite people here. She's so funny and just awesome. After teaching her, we went up to H's house and had a family home evening. I got to burn cotton balls again (best thing ever) and then we played "Kuwawang Pusa". Needless to say, S is really good at that game.... I lost.
Dangit.

Tuesday: We got a lot of new investigators. We went out to try to contact the new investigators that we got a couple of weeks ago and they weren't home, so we went to their next door neighbor's house and we taught that whole family. They're awesome. Woohoo! And then we went and taught a lot more lessons. We also went up to H's house again and we got to teach his older brother, G. G is a member of their old church. He listened and then said that we could come back.

Wednesday: We went out and taught a lot more people and then headed over to H's again to teach G. I literally prayed the whole way there. I hate debates and I am not very well versed in the Bible (haha get it?) so I was so scared. We got there and taught him the best lesson 1 that I've ever taught in my whole mission. The Spirit was so strong and we extended a baptismal goal date to him and he accepted. Woohoo! Best feeling ever. I literally sang and danced for the rest of the day.

Thursday: We went back and taught G (literally taught him every day this week). We taught him Book of Mormon intro and told him the history of the BOM and how it came to be. And then we found out that he's already been reading it and that now he's in Alma. Say Wha? But that's ok. At least now he has the background of what he's reading. The problem is that he's reading it straight through like a comic book. What? The invitation in the Intro is to read, PONDER, and then ask God if it's true. If you don't PONDER it then the Holy Ghost can't testify to you that it's true. easy as that.

Friday: We had MLC. Best MLC ever. It was so spiritual and we learned all about the Law of Consecration. Super awesome. And then we had pizza afterwards. YES! super super great. After MLC we went out and worked and taught P A and Brother G. That was the longest lesson 2 that I've ever taught. Brother G had so many
questions. But that's ok. We answered them all.

Saturday: Taught a bunch of lessons again. Had a good day and of course, invited everyone to come to church.

Sunday: We got 6 investigators at church. Brother G didn't come because they had somewhere to go but all of his kids came and his dad came. Super awesome. And church was great of course. I got to translate for Sister D in relief society. That's good for me and her because sometimes I almost fall asleep in RS. #missionaryprobs.


All in all, another super good week. Love the work. The Church is true. If you don't believe it, go read the Book of Mormon.

Mahal na mahal ko kayo. Ingat kayo palagi!
-Sister Hess

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...