Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, July 6, 2014

#1's Weekly Email: Week #50

Lay-away coffins (how ironic...), mountains (workout!), floods (time to buy boots), new friends, little miracles, and I am the only American in my house(I need to learn Cebuano...)! oh and now they all think I'm Tinkerbell :)


I TRANSFERRED! :D Goodbye Bataan. And Hello again, Zambales. 

Also I hit my 1 year mark on Thursday! Woohoo! 6 months to go :)

It's gorgeous. Zambales is so green. I almost feel like I'm at home. Especially right now that it's officially rainy season! I'm buying boots today. I hate having wet feet :P

So this is how the week went. 

Monday: Normal p-day. The first one we'd had in a while. It was super relaxing and I got to pack everything up :) all ready for transfer day. We went and taught Brother R M (his last name literally means "to ask a question") and his mom. They're super awesome and willing to listen. Then we went to Bishop's house for FHE. It was a lot of fun and it was all about father's day. 

Tuesday: We went and worked and worked and got 3 new investigators. Super fun. And then we went and worked some more until 7:30 when we got the text that I'm transferring back to Zambales! :)

Wednesday: Transfer day. Elder and Sister W gave us a ride to Olongapo and then to the mission home. Sister R is training so I got to go with her. We got to the mission home and I met my new companion, Sister E (we got here to the mission at the same time last July). She's awesome and so funny. She also thinks I'm the most hilarious person on the whole planet. That's weird... haha We went out to work and I got to see my area for the first time. It's little but most of it is either mountain or flooded. This is gonna be a fun area. The people here and also super nice. I love Zambales. 

Thursday: We went out and worked again. And we weren't punted. Super nice. And all the people are so welcoming. We got to try to figure out some fun little paths around ginormous puddles and got to climb some mountains. We also got two new investigators :) 

Friday: We went finding and it was successful. We got 4 new investigators and they really really like to talk. 
 
Saturday was a day full of miracles. We went out to work in the morning and got 3 appointments in (that's a miracle because we usually get punted in the morning). After lunch we went out to work and we were punted right off the bat. It wasn't fun. We walked around for a little bit wondering where on earth we should go. And then we get a text from H, our recent convert. He said he wants us to teach his 4 cousins. So we say We'd love to! and headed right up the mountain to his house. They're 4 cute little kids from the ages of 14 to 8. They were actually taught before by Sister L and Sister B but they had to stop because their dad said they couldn't listen anymore. And now for some reason, he's said that they can and that they can be baptized too :D Woohoo! After that we were kind of punted again but we went to visit two of our new investigators that we taught earlier in the week and Brother R dragged in his cousin, JR. So there's another new investigator. So even though we were punted we still got in 6 appointments and 5 new investigators. Heavenly Father's taking care of us.

Sunday: Sunday was a great day this week. We had 5 investigators come to church and 3 less actives. And I'm also in a great branch. Everyone's super nice. After church we went out and worked and S, another recent convert, worked with us. She's hilarious. The work was a lot of fun. 

All in all, it was a great week. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of us and he's always looking out for us. Missionary work is so important and it's also one of the funnest things ever. The secret is just to get lost in it and trust in Heavenly Father. The church is true. 

I love you all. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support. 

Take care! Ingat kayo!
-Sister Hess a.k.a. Tinker Bell ;)

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...