Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, December 8, 2013

We've Gotta Have Guts

I just can't get this out of my mind…..

Yesterday, a friend expressed some concerns about wanting to express an opinion but how she hated confrontation and just couldn't bring herself to say anything at all. I know that feeling. I try to remain silent, but the feelings just grow and grow until I have to get them out.

I tried to encourage her. I told her that those feelings are what make her unique. What good is it to be unique and yet not be able to express those very things that make you you?

Another friend said this, "I  know. I feel the same way. I console myself with the knowledge that very seldom does anybody's opinion actually influence the way somebody else thinks. So it's not like even if I DID have the guts to post, that anyone would thoughtfully consider it. Most people already have their mind made up. Maybe that doesn't help your situation at all, but it does help me."

UGH!!! We are squashed into silence by the vocal minority who are becoming more popular everyday.

We all have voices. Why can't we express our feelings? Why do we allow ourselves to be silenced out of the fear of being bullied?

And on the other hand, why are we all so easily offended by each other when we should be allowed to have our opinions and to express them freely and openly. I would venture to say that most of us have no intention of offending. We just want to express our opinions. It's when we share these things that we can see the viewpoints of others. We can instruct and be instructed. We can learn from each other and we can learn to appreciate each other for our similarities AS WELL AS our differences.

We weren't meant to be robots….All patterned after the same way of thinking.

We become offended when we think others are out to get us as individuals. I just don't think most people are out to do that. I just think we're all different. We weren't made to be the same.

And so, I share this again….





If you're offended? Get over yourself. It's not all about you. It's all about us as individuals and how we each feel. I'm pretty sure we don't all sit around thinking about how to offend the masses. These are the things that make us us. Give everyone a chance. We all have good to share even if part of it might not be just what you think.

If you're offended, ask for clarification. Share that it bothers you, but you might just learn something about that other person in the meantime….something you can value.

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...