Well, here we are. A new year's begun, and my plan is not set and ready. I'm waiting for what some might call the "muse" to strike. In other words, I feel like I'm on the brink of something wonderful, but I don't quite have a grasp of it yet.
Here's what's sitting in my brain….
I need to have daily tasks that fulfill my desire and get me where I want to be.
Here are the parts of that quote (from the previous post) that are resonating with me:
I don't think it's so much that things will magically poof out of my life, but that I will be directed more clearly on what stays and what goes so that I can make these decisions myself with more clarity and less doubt and concern.
Very briefly, here are my impressions as I look at the above list….
- Covenants - The promises I've made with God; the promises He's made back with me. I find these strengthened when I take the sacrament at church on Sundays and when I attend the temple. Clearly, these two things will need to be a bigger part of my life in 2014.
- Doctrine - The things taught by Jesus Christ and by prophets who testify of Him. This is a matter of studying scripture and other words of prophets. Scripture study, truly delving into the things my heart catches upon, and General Conference will be a higher priority this year.
- Faith - Action! Acting in accordance with belief. Faith is something that needs to be exercised daily. This is where the little daily tasks will come into play. What would Jesus do?….Well, this year, I'd like to find out.
- Revelation - This was the topic at church this past Sunday--personal revelation. I want to tap into this better. Heart-felt prayer and then listening for answers are key. 2014 will find me spending more time in my secret place asking for direction.
- Spirit - This is kind of out of my control. This is what I hope to have a greater abundance of in my life this year, but it is the result of seeking for it more diligently and intently. I know from past experience, the more I listen and obey those feelings in my heart that come along with ideas in my brain, they grow and increase in number. This is my challenge and ties in with each of the points listed here.
Here's what I gather will be the priorities in 2014 from what I've just worked out (not in any particular order)….
- More intent/focused taking of the sacrament each week. [Sundays]
- Regular and increased temple attendance. [Tuesdays]
- Daily scripture study (feasting) and seeking out the words of the prophets.
- Intent and involved General Conference participation. [1st weekends in April and October]
- Relisten to a General Conference talk daily.
- Daily what-would-Jesus-do? tasks.
- Daily heart-felt prayer (at least twice a day).
- Keeping a prayer in my heart.
- Listen for, seek out, and recognize answers to prayers.
- Recognize the Spirit verbally or in written form when it is evident.
For today, I've got my work cut out for me….Got to get out a calendar and plan my tasks. There you go, today's task: devise a nitty-gritty plan while spending some time on my knees.
CoDo Fa ReSp! Getting down to the things of my soul. 2014 is going to be AMAZING!