Would you like to translate this into another language?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

The Snow Globe

I am so tired of writing posts and not publishing them, so tonight, I'm just going to write whatever comes to mind for five minutes, and I AM going to post it. No matter what it says, that's what you get.


image: jacquielawson.com
We got a snow globe today. I'm writing about it because it's sitting on my desktop. Not my actual 3-D desk top, but my computer desktop. My cousin sent us one last year, and my kids LOVED it. This year's is from the Edwardian era. It's just very Downton Abbey.

I downloaded it today. Tonight, as I was making dinner and music was pumping out of my computer, #6 saw the snow globe. He got SO excited. "Can I do it? Now?"

This was a great carrot. I dangled it for all it was worth.

He got right to work and finished everything on his checklist. He is now so prepared for tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to waking up in the morning just for the fact that this kid has it together. He'll be ready to go, will waltz over to the refrigerator; grab his lunch; get on his shoes, coat and backpack; and we'll be on our way....Just like that. LOVELY!

image:
jacquielawson.com
This snow globe is not merely a shake-it-up kind of snow globe; it's an advent calendar. It actually starts to be really fun on December 1st when each day has it's own activity, but up until then, you can do puzzles, a game, or make snowflakes. It really is beautiful. I love that it is part of our Christmas tradition for a second year.

Thank you, C.J.!

I'm thinking that with this as an option, December's going to be a smooth-sailing month. They'll all get it all done every night just so they can play with the offerings of the snow globe.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love that the snow globe changes to different things.
Yes, I would say you will be having some fun with that one.
Blessings!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...