Would you like to translate this into another language?

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Importance of "Stuff"

Yesterday was a very full day. As we drove home, I found, because I was driving like an idiot--thank goodness I didn't have far to go--that I was wiped out.

I started to mention to #7 that it was time for bed when we got home. Then, as a joke, I said, "Will you put me to bed tonight?" She agreed that she would. #3 chimed in and shared that #7 is very good at "putting people to bed." She knew because of a time when she had asked the same thing of #7 when they shared a room.  #3 shared the following story:


One night, I had #7 put me to bed. She covered me up, tucked me in, pretended to read me a story, listened to my prayer, and sang me "Popcorn Popping" (as best she could for a two-year-old). She gave me a kiss and said "Good night." She walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

A few seconds later, the door opened and there she was again. She peeked her head in and said, "Don't touch my stuff!"

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

LOL- spoken like a true sister!

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...