Would you like to translate this into another language?

Sunday, November 3, 2013

#1's Weekly Email: Week #20

I remember having similar experiences while I served my mission to what it seems #1 is having now....Times when everywhere you turned there were lessons that had the same theme.  For example, I remember one period of time when everyone I met had some kind of life-after-death kind of story to share with me. I sometimes wondered if these were just my imagination or some sort of coincidence, but there would be so many of them that it soon became clear that these were lessons that I needed to learn and that Someone I couldn't see was directing my education. I'm so glad to see that Sister #1 is having this kind of schooling as well.

FYI, I've learned that a "BGD" is, if I'm remembering correctly, a baptism goal date.

I know I've mentioned that #1 is not a cryer, so whenever she mentions the fact that she's cried, it makes me really sit up and take notice. 

So happy for m'girl. Sounds like she's loving everything she's doing.

Enjoy!






You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile :)


This week has been really fun. We've been working hard, and it seems like everything has re-emphasized to me how important families are

We've taught a lot of lessons to families this week. Sister E's husband, F, is in town. We've taught him three lessons, and he went to church with her on Sunday. He's told us multiple times how grateful he is for the Gospel and the blessing it's been for his family. He's not even a member yet! Hopefully he'll get baptized, but it probably won't happen for a while because his job takes him so far away. 

We also taught the S family this week. Sister S is a less-active and they have a really big family. Nine kids. We've been teaching them, and this week we extended a BGD to Brother S, and he accepted. He said his greatest dream is that all his family will be part of the same religion. 

Sister and Elder D's family came into town this week. They have twin sons, E and C. They're 9 years old and the remind me so much of [#5]. 

Anyway, at church yesterday, both little boys bore their testimonies. It was so sweet. 

I bore my testimony too. Not sure why, but I started crying at the pulpit. That never happens. I bore my testimony about families and how important they are. Namimiss ko talaga ung pamilya ko (I really miss my family), but I know that missionaries leave their families for a short time so other families can be together for eternity. I'm so grateful for the chance to serve and help other families. I love the people here so much and all I want for them is for them to be together with their families forever and experience the joy I experience through the Gospel. I know that this is the true church on earth. There isn't a doubt in my mind. I know that the Gospel blesses families and we all need to share the Gospel with our families.

Alam ko na totoo ung simbahan ni Jesucristo. There isn't a doubt in my mind. Everyday I testify to people and strive to help them return to Heavenly Father. Shall we not go on in so great a cause?

Thank you so much for all your prayers for me. I can feel them everyday. I love you all so much. Onward, Christian soldiers, Keep going and sharing the Gospel. The end is coming and we all need to be prepared. Kaya natin yen! (We can do it!)

Mahal na mahal ko kayo.
Until next week, 
Sister Hess

No comments:

Like it? Share it....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...